RE: hp help...

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:42:52 -0600

I believe in HP-UX, you need to set TMPDIR. This controls the location of the file for mktemp

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
"To really screw up Linux you have to work at it...To really screw up Windows, you have to work ON it..."

                      BJonte_at_amctheatres
                      .com                      To:       oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                      Sent by:                  cc:
                      oracle-l-bounce_at_fr        Subject:  RE: hp help...
                      eelists.org

                      04/16/2004 10:36
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      oracle-l

You should be able to get around your temp space issue by using the TEMP = environment variable. I was having the not enough tamp space problem and = that is how I got around it on TRU64. Have your SA make you a temp dir = on a volume with enough space, also chmod 777 on the directory. Then in = your environment set the TEMP to the directory. I.E for ksh = TEMP=3D/ubigdisk/temp ; export TEMP;

Hope this helps on the install issue.

Bill Jonte
Oracle DBA