Oracle options install instructions

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:11:31 -0400

List,
OS. RedHat AS 2.1 u3
Oracle 9.2.0.5

I upgraded my original Oracle from 8.1.7.4 to 9.2.0.4 without a problem. I then installed the 9.2.0.5 patch and I installed the new 10.0.1 installer in the $ORACLE_HOME/oui/bin directory. When you ./runInstaller it brings up the old 2.2 installer located at $ORACLE_HOME/bin directory.
ITAR filed bug created. You can and should use the 10.0.1 installer with the 9.2.0.4 source disks but it will work with the 2.2 installer for the original source data but the 10.0 installer for the patch cd source.

My question is: Does anyone have a document location that explains how to add additional options to an existing Oracle install that has had a patch applied?
Or
Do I install for new option from the original source CD and then install from the patch CD? I think that I should use the original CD and then use the patch but I wanted to make sure before I go ahead. Of course this is always after a full cold backup.

Thanks,
Ron