SQL to retrieve all distinct records

From: Alison Barak <ambarak_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:38:28 -0400

Hi,
can someone assist me with formulating a query to retrieve all distinct records. I need to retrieve all three columns a,b &c based on the distinct of the two columns a & b.

SQL> select * from testing;
A B C
---------- ---------- ----------

APPS       APPS       R1
SYS        SYS2       R2
SYS        SYS2       R3
DOC        DOC2       R4
DC         DC2        R5
DOC        DOC        R6

The result should be
A          B          C

APPS APPS R1 SYS SYS2 R2 DOC DOC2 R4 DC DC2 R5 DOC DOC R6

I tried using group by/having count but was not successful. Any idea?

Thanks.

alison

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/