Re: How to find out the file size o raw device?

From: David Eckermann <dbadude_at_nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 08:21:30 -0800

Try using "lslv <raw logical volume>" at the unix prompt . Here's an example:

prod1 $ lslv prod_0128_125

LOGICAL VOLUME:     prod_0128_125          VOLUME GROUP:   prod02vg
LV IDENTIFIER:      00250d7a00004c00000000f20a845e32.112 PERMISSION:
read/write
VG STATE:           active/complete        LV STATE:       opened/syncd
TYPE:               raw                    WRITE VERIFY:   off
MAX LPs:            512                    PP SIZE:        16 megabyte(s)
COPIES:             1                      SCHED POLICY:   parallel
LPs:                8                      PPs:            8
STALE PPs:          0                      BB POLICY:      relocatable
INTER-POLICY:       minimum                RELOCATABLE:    yes
INTRA-POLICY:       middle                 UPPER BOUND:    32
MOUNT POINT:        N/A                    LABEL:          None
MIRROR WRITE CONSISTENCY: on/ACTIVE
EACH LP COPY ON A SEPARATE PV ?: yes

Then just do some math: size=(PP SIZE)*(PPs) in this case size=(16megs)*(8)=128megs