Re: RE: query slow in 9i, but not slow in 8i

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:04:24 -0700

As long as it works for you - nothing.

However - to quote myself:
"Histograms are like drugs – An overdose [of histograms] can kill [performance]."

And like drugs, the practice may seem harmless and you get used to it, until one day ...

"It seems easier just to ..." is never a good enough reason for me to do - or not do - something.

At 04:14 PM 3/1/2004, you wrote:
>If you have the window and use monitoring what is wrong with getting
>histograms on every table? I'm doing all new development with new queries
>getting developed everyday. It seems easier just to put histograms on
>everything. I have the window to do this overnight and will have it when we
>go live?

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle7, 8, 8i, 9i OCP DBA
Centrex Consulting Corporation