RE: Can Oracle 10g connect to Oracle 8i ?

From: Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery_at_churchill.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:35:37 -0000

If I understand correctly, you are asking can 10g sqlplus connect to 8i. Yes.

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on Fri Feb 27 14:30:00 2004 Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.4.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.4.0 - Production
SQL>