RE: Recovery database with RMAN after resetlogs

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:20:30 -0500

Are you using a catalog? If you are, you can set the incarnation back to the original incarnation and restgore and recover until time or until scn. If not, you will have to do a manual recovery using the plsql package sys.dbma_backup_restore. This package is not really meant for users, so if you have support call them and have them help you. If not, let me know and I will try to find the paper which explains how to use it. You will have to recover the controlfile and datafiles separately. It is a pain, but I have done it.

Good luck,
Ruth