Re[4]: SQLPlus -- replacement tool

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:39:34 -0500

Sunday, February 22, 2004, 12:06:50 AM, John Flack (JohnF_at_smdi.com) wrote:

JF> But, then you have to get the bind variable into a
JF> substitution variable. I liked the addition of bind
JF> variables to SQL*Plus, but they can confuse the
JF> uninitiated. I wish there was only one kind of variable.

The root problem is that SQL*Plus was never *designed*. Features were just added willy-nilly as people wanted them. Whoever it was who first needed bind variables obviously did not need to interact with substitution variables, and there you have it.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com