Re: Undo Retention of 5 days; anyone?

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:34:47 +0800

It would be difficult if not impossible for the Oracle Kernel to allow you=  to
specify which objects have Undo_Retention and for what duration. A transaction across multiple objects must have Undo retained for the entirety of the transaction, irrespective of the number of tables and the number of rows in each table.

Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional http://hkchital.tripod.com {last updated 24-Jan-04}