Re: SID & SERIAL#

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:32:28 +0800

Huh ? You've never seen an SID re-used so quickly that by the time you decide to issue an ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION or a Unix kill -9, the same SID has been used by another user ? Well, then you haven't worked on a busy system.

Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional http://hkchital.tripod.com {last updated 24-Jan-04}