RE: 3113 when staring a new 8.1.7.4 instance on Solaris 64

From: Duret, Kathy <kduret_at_starkinvestments.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:04:09 -0600

Well I did has solbeach suggested to me

db_block_buffers = 8192
shared_pool_size = 256000
processes        = 32

and the database started up. Shut it down and tried with 100 processes and it wouldn't come up.

I repeat the /etc/system is the same.

BUT the patch level is different. This box is patched to the latest and greatest from Sun whereas the prod box is behind.

What a weekend!

I am going to patch the database to 8174 meantime and try to figure out what I need to do to get this puppy up with more than 32 process.

Thanks for all the help.

Any more ideas are appreciated, Virtual margueritas for everyone!

Kathy