RE: Database Instance

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:04:24 -0800

Think of Object Oriented, then 1 db can be an Object, better security, easy to upgrade or downgrade, easy to change any setting as you like. Think of memory, overhead, administration, 1 instance will be better (I think, specially backup and recovery) Think of performance, you can tune each db individually and contention will quite easy to maintain. Think of risk and potential application bug, why your management want to overhaul the system?

About the schema that transparent or invisible, you can search Oracle Doc (SQL Plus) with key word "GRANT" or "REVOKE" (If you decide to merge your databases)

Merry X'mas

Sinardy

Author: Kean Jacinta
  INET: jacintakean_at_yahoo.com

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 23 2003 - 23:04:24 CST