Re: Who fired the trigger

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:49:25 -0800

> I think Jared means..

> sys_context ('userenv', 'session_user')

> to identify the username.

Actually I didn't mean that, though it will also work.

John Weatherman had a better way to do it, in any case.

Jared

"H elp_me" <good_dba@hotmail.com>
Sent by: ml-errors@fatcity.com

 12/19/2003 12:19 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:        Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L@fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Who fired the trigger

I think Jared means..

sys_context ('userenv', 'session_user')

to identify the username.

>From: Jared.Still@radisys.com

>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
>Subject: Re: Who fired the trigger
>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:59:41 -0800
>
>You can identify the user via sys_context ('userenv', 'sessionid') and
>raise an exception,
>or just exit the code block.
>
>Jared
>

>"Goulet, Dick"
>Sent by: ml-errors@fatcity.com
>  12/19/2003 11:49 AM
>  Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

>         To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Who fired the trigger
>

>To All,
>
>                  I'm feeling in a LAZY mood this afternoon so I'm going to
>ask the list if someone has an answer to this.  Otherwise I guess it will
>wait till Monday.
>
>                  We have a before update trigger on a table to prevent
>assemblies on the line from being unscrapped.  But we also have a need o
>periodically unscrap stuff.  The question is can a trigger recognize who
>fired it & abort if that is a particular user?
>
>Dick Goulet
>Senior Oracle DBA
>Oracle Certified 8i DBA
>--
>--
>Author: Goulet, Dick
>   INET: DGoulet@vicr.com
>
>Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: H elp_me INET: good_dba@hotmail.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru@fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com