RE: Oracle Data Guard

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_incyte.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:54:38 -0800

I have never worked on Network stuff. But is there any easy parameters we could set in sqlnet.ora so that we could increase the DB performance by increase the network transfer rate (without doing anything else)? BTW my sqlnet.ora (on a Sun Box) has only two lines:

bash-2.03$ more sqlnet.ora
# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File: /oracle/product/8.1.7/network/admin/sqlnet.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = incyte.com

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)

Guang

Author: Guang Mei
  INET: gmei_at_incyte.com