RE: dropping materialized view

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:54:27 -0800

Don't (feel stupid) :)
It happens to all of us...

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

-----Original Message-----
Jeroen van Sluisdam
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 3:39 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Oops I feel very stupid, thanks a lot Igor this did the tric.

Regards

Jeroen

Van: Mohammed Shakir [mailto:mshakir08816_at_yahoo.com] Verzonden: dinsdag 9 december 2003 17:59 Aan: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Onderwerp: Re: dropping materialized view

Please try this

select table_name, constraint_name from all_constraints  where r_constraint_name in
 ( select constraint_name from all_constraints  where table_name = 'MEDIUMS')

it should give you the table_name constraint names that are not allowing you to drop your table.

You will have to disable these constraints before dropping your table mediums.

Mohammed Shakir

Mohammed Shakir
CompuSoft, Inc.
11 Heather Way