analyze after truncate

From: <sat0789_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:34:43 -0800

Hello All,
  We have a huge table both is terms of number of columns and rows. It is   list partitioned. it has 7 mill rows and its avg row length is 600   bytes. One of the developers has come up with a method of truncating   and reloading the table on a daily basis thorough sqlloader. everyday   there are about 50,000 rows insert and 100,000 rows update. My question   is do i need to reanalyze this table on a daily basis. Even though we   truncate the table the statistics still stays on with the table and   since the table goes thorugh only minimal change, is it advisable to   analyze it on a daily basis or can i analyze it on a weekly basis.

Please advice..

Thanks,

Sat.

  INET: sat0789_at_fastmail.fm

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 25 2003 - 15:34:43 CST