RE: OFA and RAC on raw devices

From: Muqthar Ahmed <Muqthar.Ahmed_at_decoratetoday.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:05:51 -0800

Gilles,

RAC Configuration:

  1. ALL DATAFILES SHARED (RAW FILES) - both nodes should have access
  2. ARCHIVE LOGS are not shared - Each node will have its own ARCHIVE LOGS (File System) I have configured ARCHIVE LOG as FAILOVER FILE SYSTEM.
  3. UNDO (RAW FILES) - Each node will have its own UNDO.

We have STRIPED RAID1+0 to have good performance. Database is not pointing to RAW FILES directly. I have created SOFT LINKS to point to RAW FILES. I have created TABLESPACE using SOFT LINKS.

Muqthar Ahmed

Author: Gilles PARC
  INET: gparc_at_online.fr

The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged, confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any other use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this E-mail message in error, please reply to the sender and delete it from your computer. Thank you.

Author: Muqthar Ahmed
  INET: Muqthar.Ahmed_at_decoratetoday.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:05:51 CST