RE: OFA and RAC on raw devices

From: Gilles PARC <gparc_at_online.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:20:10 -0800

Hi Muqthar ,

thanks for you reply.
Some more precisions :

What about the OFA admin subtree (create, pfile, udump,bdump..) ? Did you duplicate it on each node ?

What are the steps in Service Guard to configure failover File system ?

Do you use RMAN for backups ? if yes with autolocate 9i feature ?

If you used soft links for datafiles, it means you have some sort of /oradata/<db_name>/ structure on each node. Right ? Does this prove helpful ?

Regards

At 06:05 19/11/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Gilles,
>
>RAC Configuration:
>
> 1. ALL DATAFILES SHARED (RAW FILES) - both nodes should have access
> 2. ARCHIVE LOGS are not shared - Each node will have its own ARCHIVE
LOGS (File System)
> I have configured ARCHIVE LOG as FAILOVER FILE SYSTEM.
> 3. UNDO (RAW FILES) - Each node will have its own UNDO.
>
>We have STRIPED RAID1+0 to have good performance. Database is not
pointing to RAW FILES directly. I have created SOFT LINKS to point to RAW FILES. I have created TABLESPACE using SOFT LINKS.

>Muqthar Ahmed

Gilles Parc

carpe diem !!

Author: Gilles PARC