Re: Fwd: Looking for help.

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:04:43 -0800

Daniel,
 I understand what is you are saying and what you tested but I don't the why or what it means. Does it mean that the sql command is not going to work? Does it means that you have to issue it again to get it to work?

Ref:
Doc ID: Note:123214.1
invalid

Type: 	PROBLEM

Seems that truncate command invalidates object definition and existence in library cache.

Invalidation can also be seen on temporary tables!

..

Jonathan,
 The memory problem is described in Doc id:1157495.8 Support Description of Bug 1157495

Ron

>>> Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM 11/12/2003 1:14:25 PM >>> Ron,

I don't know about the TRUNCATE option w/ sql*loader, but the regular DDL
TRUNCATE invalidates sql that references the table.

Example:

 1 select sql_text, invalidations
  2 from v$sql
  3* where sql_text = 'select * from emp' SQL> /

SQL_TEXT                                           INVALIDATIONS
-------------------------------------------------- -------------
select * from emp                                              0

SQL> truncate table emp;

Table truncated.

SQL> select sql_text, invalidations
  2 from v$sql
  3 where sql_text = 'select * from emp'   4 /

SQL_TEXT                                           INVALIDATIONS
select * from emp                                              1

Author: Daniel Fink
  INET: Daniel.Fink_at_Sun.COM

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org