Re: any problem rebuilding indexes used for replication

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 10:19:32 -0800

I'm curious, how have you identified the fragmentation?

What benefits do you expect from the rebuild of the indexes?

Are you targeting certain indexes that have been identified as benefiting from a rebuild, or just planning to rebuild all indexes?

Jared

renu r <renu_p_r_at_yahoo.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 11/05/2003 06:14 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        any problem rebuilding indexes used for replication

Hello,
  I have to rebuild some primary key indexes due to excessive fragmentation. It is rebuild not drop and create. We have multi master replication running. Is there any problem to replication if I do that. Has anyone tried it? TIA.
Do you Yahoo!?

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 12:19:32 CST