Re: ** SQL WHERE clause order

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:24:33 -0800

Wolfgang,
  I think you understand by now : I want a certain predicate evaluated first because it has a program variable :select_sen_emp_chk_first and I want it checked before going to the check dept or salary since that will need a table access. Thank You.

Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com> wrote: Why do you want a certain predicate evaluated first?

At 02:34 PM 11/4/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
> In a SQL statement I want a certain where clause to be done first. Is
> it enough to list it first as follows or do I (and can I) do something
> else to make it get checked first before other WHERE/AND clause are
> looked at. Thanks :
>
>SELECT emp_id FROM emp
>WHERE select_sen_emp_chk_first = 'Y'
>AND dept = :dept