** SQL WHERE clause order

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 13:34:27 -0800

Hi,

   In a SQL statement I want a certain where clause to be done first. Is it enough to list it first as follows or do I (and can I) do something else to make it get checked first before other WHERE/AND clause are looked at. Thanks :

SELECT emp_id FROM emp
WHERE select_sen_emp_chk_first = 'Y'
AND dept = :dept
AND salary > :min_sal Received on Tue Nov 04 2003 - 15:34:27 CST