Re: Redo Log (Largest size used)

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kirtikumar_deshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:04:33 -0800

I have redo log sized to 800MB in a one of our databases. I am considering to double its size, as the application generates too much redo, due to bad application code. Even for one column change, the rest of the row gets updated with the same values.

I have heard of no issues with large redo log files. I just need to make sure I have enough log groups and enough archived dest space to not affect archiving of redo logs..

This is on AIX 5.2 with Oracle 9.2.0.4

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com
Author: Kirtikumar Deshpande