RE: how to keep statistics up to date for CBO

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:04:25 -0800

Bob,

>How does one keep CBO statistics for an applications base tables up to
>date?
>
>We are about to implement the CBO any must read documents.

I wouldn't call it 'must-read', but you can browse my RBO-to-CBO paper at 'http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila/links.htm' (click on the paper link). It deals with a few things that you can trip up on. I should probably update it with 9iR2 specific stuff, but haven't yet had the time :(

And of course, Tim's CBO paper at http://www.evdbt.com' *is* a must-read!

John Kanagaraj
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at http://www.klove.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 08 2003 - 19:04:25 CDT