RE: Sujatha.Madan@optus.net.au

From: Sujatha Madan <Sujatha.Madan_at_optus.net.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:09:24 -0800

May not be elegant but it does the job.

# Find all new archive logs compared to last time script ran. Copy to backup directory

/usr/bin/find $ARCDIR/*.arc -newer $ARCDIR/timetest.txt -exec cp {}
$BACKUPDIR \;   # Delete the timetest file so that a new one can be created for new timestamp.

/usr/bin/rm $ARCDIR/timetest.txt

/usr/bin/touch $ARCDIR/timetest.txt

# Gzip copied archive logs
/usr/bin/gzip $BACKUPDIR/*.arc