RE: Cary's book

From: Thater, William <William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:49:26 -0800

Freeman Robert - IL scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

> Daniel,
>
> I agree 100% with what you said.... Somehow we must find a way to
> come out of our shell. I am among those.... coming out of my shell is
> HARD.... standing up at IOUG-A, or UKOUG or wherever and speaking to
> that room full of people is one of the hardest things I do. I just
> make myself... every year I force myself to submit those abstracts,
> because I know it helps me grow as a person. So, THOSE OF YOU WHO
> HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE, SIGN UP AND DO IT SO I DON'T HAVE TO!!!!
> :-D

hey, i keep trying but they reject me. sniff, sniff they don't like me.;-)

> Like so many others here, I see the DBA life changing.... Like so many
> others, I've been doing it so long, that I'm starting to see that
> it's time for a change..... maybe 5 years, maybe longer.... we will
> see. Am I the only one that this job tires and stresses out? :-)

the problem is i've been doing it for so long i don't know how to do anything else. well, i do but the other skillset s not exactly socially acceptable.;-) and besides, when i solve a problem with an elegant solution, the rush is still there.;-)

--
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
"I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song

Author: Thater, William
  INET: William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com