RE: Table not reusing deleted space

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 07:44:39 -0800

What is the block size of the database. Also, is the AVG_ROW_LEN of almost 5000 bytes evenly distributed, i.e. are ALL rows more or less 5000 bytes long, or are there many rows that are a lot smaller and then some that are really big?

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle7, 8, 8i, 9i OCP DBA
Centrex Consulting Corporation
http://www.centrexcc.com