RE: Correct method of auto starting standby db

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_CPS92.COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:44:29 -0800

I *really* hope this isnt one of those dumb question (due to the limited responses)
Or maybe Ive stumped our contestents today.... <vb grin> ;->

Here is what I have based on Tanels suggestion

--C:\oracle\ora817R3\bin\svrmgrl.exe
command='@C:\oracle\admin\LOC\ADHOC\startstandby.

[startstandby.sql]
Sqlplus /nolog;
Connect sys/***@LOC as sysdba;
Startup nomount pfile=C:\oracle\admin\LOC\PFILE\initLOC.ora; Alter database mount standby database;
Recover managed standby database disconnect;

@ -> Recover managed standby database disconnect; ORA-00274: illegal recovery option DISCONNECT

http://www.ss64.com/ora/recover.html

I will try to poke around on metalink

Thanks!