RE: Correct method of auto starting standby db

From: Bob Metelsky <bmetelsky_at_cps92.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:59:37 -0800

Ok It looks like the disconnect is for 9i

>From metalink

"
This recover command must be ended from a different session with "recover managed standby database cancel". There is a timeout=n option to the recovery command which will cause recovery to end if a new archive log is not received in n minutes. For example, "recover managed standby database timeout=10" will start the recovery command, but if there is a 10 minute wait between the arrival of any two archive logs, the command will end.

You can execute the recover command in the background using the AT command with just a one time execution. For example if it's 8:00 AM use: at 8:05 "sqlplus @file.sql". If you need further assistance with this, please post a new thread in the Microsoft Server & Utilities forum.

Oracle9i provides a 'disconnect' option when placing a database in managed recovery. This allows for managed recovery to run in the background.
"

Looks like I have to schedule a job to run every hour with a time out of "n" min....

Thanks
Bob

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com