Re: read only tablespace

From: AK <oramagic_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:34:23 -0800

Rachel ,
Thanks for the Reply . On checking further I found that this session was waiting on a lock from another session . But the table or object which was locked by other session does not belong to this tablespace . Then why does the read only operation waiting for the lock to release ?? Does it mean that all transactions which started before issuing "alter tablespace read only" should be finished ??

-ak

Author: AK
  INET: oramagic_at_hotmail.com