RE: Correct method of auto starting standby db

From: Ross Collado <Ross.Collado_at_techpac.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:24:28 -0800

Hi,

What version of Oracle and OS platform you're using? The document you read refers to an 8i db so I assume you are in 8i. In our Solaris box with 8i on it, I created a shell script like so:

#!/bin/ksh
sqlplus -s /nolog <<!
Connect sys/*** as sysdba
recover managed standby database ;
exit
!

Then from the Unix prompt I run this script using nohup, eg:

$ nohup ./rcv_mng.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 &

Logging out of the session doesn't affect the script at all. It'll just keep running in the background until you either kill the session or cancel it from within another sqlplus window.

HTH
Ross

Author: Bob Metelsky
  INET: bmetelsky_at_cps92.com

Author: Ross Collado
  INET: Ross.Collado_at_techpac.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 10:24:28 CDT