Re: RE: 9i-OCP Question

From: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:29:29 -0800

dont know from experience, since I dont handle backups and redo, but according to the books, you are multiplexing your redo log groups. so if one of the files gets corrupted, etc... you have exact duplicates on different storage devices.

So if you put all the members on the same storage device and you move onto the the next redo log group and then that storage device goes bad, you lose all the redo.

now lets say you are in archive log mode and your archive log hasnt kept up... and was still archiving data. you cant recover from that point in time.

please correct me if Im wrong. Im half responding to make sure I understand it correctly.

Author: <rgaffuri_at_cox.net
  INET: rgaffuri_at_cox.net