RE: Emacs on SQLPlus, er uh... SQLPlus on emacs.

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:41:43 -0600

I agree with the developer vs. sysadmin generalization but this was not meant to be a post about favorite editors... It's about whether anyone has used or seen a SQLPlus "shell" running under emacs. Has anyone "witnessed" SQLPlus running under a well-configured emacs session and have impressions to share?

The statistics I've heard are that 9 out of 10 SysAdmin/DBA's use vi. I wonder what the breakdown is for Linux admins? Since emacs is easy to implement I could see it gaining ground on Linux but sometimes old dinosaur type SysAdmins are slow to evolve. :-)

Steve Orr-asaurus, with apologies to Don G.