Re: dba age

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:56:30 -0400

Tanel.

I am personally impressed with your pratical knowledge, based on your responses to this list. Mostly DBA's particpating on this list is 35+ (may in the range of 40-45). Only one DBA is 42 years old for the last 5 years. Guess who Gogala Mladen(don't shoot me as I am your fan). That is his favorite/magic figure 42. However, he can tell his real age if he wants.

Regards
Rafiq

From: "Tanel Poder" <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee> Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: Re: dba age
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:09:56 -0800

Hi!

Age isn't the most important criteria for good DBA. Ability to analyze issues and foresee possible consequences of your actions are the most important ones, at least from my point of view.

Personally, I just turned 25. Whether I'm experienced or not, I won't speculate, but so far I've lost no data and have kept all my customers happy ;)

Tanel.

   Now this one is difficult folks ..

   what is average age of an experienced oracle dba ?

   -ak

The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail Received on Wed Jul 23 2003 - 10:56:30 CDT