RE: Veritas like RMAN?

From: Michael Kline <mkline1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:47:19 -0400

They are using RAID5, not mirroring, and the database, for all the bigger it is needs some SERIOUS tuning.

There are procs that are taking over 1 million disk i/o's to post a move in inventory..

Again, NOTHING in the alert log, just runs and runs, no alter tablespace, just redo log changes. And no "bursts" of redo log changes during backup time telling me nothing is being held... Then again, if I don't see the tablespace go into begin backup, why would it. Scary...

And of course, you need to be "kind" to the customer. They are not sure they need us. Well, perhaps they are, but not sure why.

Maks.

Author: Sarnowski, Chris
  INET: csarnows_at_CuraGen.com