RE: comments on EXECUTE IMMEDIATE

From: Stephane Paquette <stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:31:54 -0400

I just took 5 seconds to write an example. If you want a real life example, write a stored proc to truncate table. All DBA have done this one to allow the developpers to truncate any table in a schema.

You can do it the old dynamic style or use execute immediate which is less hassle.

Stephane Paquette
Administrateur de bases de donnees
Database Administrator
Standard Life
www.standardlife.ca
Tel. (514) 499-7999 7470 and (514) 925-7187 stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca <mailto:stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca>

Author: MaryAnn Atkinson
  INET: maryann_30_at_yahoo.com