RE: Timestamps in trace files (and other trace file oddities)

From: Henry Poras <hporas_at_etal.uri.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:03:26 -0400

Dan,
I was running a 10046 (level 12) trace on an awful piece of PeopleSoft SQL today and got some really odd results in my trace file (8.1.7).

Two things struck me (three if it takes me too long to write this and I get home late). First, the timestamps show an elapsed time of ~7 minutes, but the trace file has ela=1 (one onehundredth of a second). The 7 minutes is closer to reality. Huh???

Secondly, the first scattered read reads 18 blocks starting at 6041. Why does the next scattered read start at block# 6042?

Any ideas?

Henry