RE: dba age

From: <Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:09:33 -0500

SQLPME was a program to load Oracle into extended memory on the 386 PC, if memory serves me correctly. I am over 40 and I have been dealing with relational databases for a little over 19 years. I remember punch cards, Rbase, the first IBM PCs, Oracle Forms 2, Oracle v4.5 and 5, etc. I have been dealing with Oracle databases for about 16 years as developer and DBA. (Yeesh I am starting to feel old) I am not the oldest DBA here, but I seem to have the most experience. I don't have the most hair (I keep it shaved off.) . I haven't met a database that I couldn't crash or a customer's vapor backup plan that worked the first time.

Reginald W. Bailey
IBM Global Services - ETS SW GDSD - Database Management Your Friendly Neighborhood DBA
713-216-7703 (Office) 281-798-5474 (Mobile) 713-415-5410 (Pager) reginald.w.bailey_at_jpmorgan.com
baileyre_at_us.ibm.com

                    stephane.paquette_at_stand
                    ardlife.ca                    To:     ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                    Sent by:                      cc:
                    ml-errors_at_fatcity.com         Subject:     RE: dba age

                    07/23/2003 01:59 PM
                    Please respond to
                    ORACLE-L

I remember UFI, RPT-RPF, Forms 2.0 (IAD-IAG-IAP), SQL-QMX (for what it last),ODL (Oracle Data Loader), but I do not remember SQLPME . What was it

Stephane Paquette

Administrateur de bases de donnees

Database Administrator

Standard Life

www.standardlife.ca

Tel. (514) 499-7999 7470 and (514) 925-7187

stephane.paquette_at_standardlife.ca
From: Michael Kline [mailto:mkline1_at_comcast.net] Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:44 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: dba age

Let's see... I remember dirt.. I remember UFI>. I remember version 4.1.0 that ran on DOS... PC, PC-XT.. Oracle since 1983...

Good loaded question.

Maks.