RE: ORA-01691: unable to extend lob segment ELI.SYS_LOB0000025110

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:52:28 -0700

The next_extent size on SYS_LOB0000025110C00002$$ is about 800 meg.

Change the next_extent size to something smaller. RTFM on 'alter table' if needed.

If you're using LMT's, then the minimum size to allocate is whatever the uniform size
is on that tablespace, assuming it's been set up with uniform size.

Jared

"Liu, Jack" <jliu_at_atla.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 07/22/2003 01:14 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: ORA-01691: unable to extend lob segment ELI.SYS_LOB0000025110

Jared,
Thanks a lot.
I use 8k block size, so you mean 100358 is block number and I need total about 781Mb free space?
I have about 300Mb free space for DATA2.

Here is some info about this lob segment: select segment_name, tablespace_name,segment_type, bytes,extents,initial_extent, next_extent, min_extents,max_extents from dba_segments
where tablespace_name ='DATA2'
and segment_name = 'SYS_LOB0000025110C00002$$';

SEGMENT_NAME

TABLESPACE_NAME                SEGMENT_TYPE            BYTES    EXTENTS
------------------------------ ------------------ ---------- ----------
INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT MIN_EXTENTS MAX_EXTENTS -------------- ----------- ----------- ----------- SYS_LOB0000025110C00002$$
DATA2                          LOBSEGMENT         1677713408         14
      41943040   822132736           1         200

Thanks.

Jack

Author: Liu, Jack
  INET: jliu_at_atla.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Author: Liu, Jack
  INET: jliu_at_atla.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L Received on Tue Jul 22 2003 - 14:52:28 CDT