Timestamps in trace files

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:23:07 -0600

--------------44A29CE17D1C99EC60E9E78B

I was perusing a 10046 trace file and I noticed that timestamps are written to the trace file. Sometimes they were very regular (3 minutes apart give or take 30 seconds) while other times they were hours apart. I have noticed that two timestamps are never written without any intervening activity. Anyone have any idea on the reasoning behind the timestamps and the 'triggering event'?

Daniel
--------------44A29CE17D1C99EC60E9E78B

 filename="daniel.fink.vcf"

begin:vcard