RE: 10G

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:24:21 -0400

Jared,

Did you read the OTN document? I don't see any new technology here. In fact, it looks like a nightmare. They cited using Read-Only Tablespaces, Transportable Tablespace, database links and Oracle Streams for sharing data across the "blades" of the multi-server nodes. This is supposed to be better than what we do now? I can see myself being driven nuts to get this thing to work.

Maybe I need to re-read this (slowly). I see myself explaining to damagers why this is not such a good thing in the coming months.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional