Re: 10G

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:48:10 -0400

Jared,
 Thanks for the articles.
 It looks like to grid concept would require the idle computers in the office to be connected to a fiber net and available to pick up part of the load when demand increased. Or did I miss-understand the article and each computer has it's own area of expertice and answers the request for info only if the data resides on it's local disk?

The grid fits in rather snuggly with the RAC from what I gathered from the articles.
Ron

>>> Jared.Still_at_radisys.com 07/21/03 03:14PM >>>
On more serious note:

Here's are links to a couple Oracle grid computing documents.

The first is a newsletter I receive from our local Oracle office.

The second is an OTN document.

http://www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/Jul2003.pdf

http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/grid_computing/Oracle9iGridCookbook.html

Jared

Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_sun.com>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 07/18/2003 01:19 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

        cc:
        Subject:        10G

I just realized what the upgraded name for 9ias will be... Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 13:48:10 CDT