imp table data, but not PK indexes?

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_incyte.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:15:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I sent this yesterday but it did not seem to get posted. Anyway I am posting it again.

I am trying to speed up a schema imp process by import data and indexes separately to an Oracle 8173 db. While importing table data, I don't want to import PK indexes which are sitting in tablespace "indexes" (because I can create PK indexes later from a script), So I have this running before imp data:

alter user ABC quota 0 on indexes;
alter user ABC quota unlimited on ABC_DEFAULT_TS;

I found that this way the PK indexes are imported in ABC_DEFAULT_TS, together with table data. So my question is what I can/should do so that I can imp only table data into ABC_DEFAULT_TS, and not imp PK indexes at the same time?

Thanks. Received on Sat Jul 19 2003 - 08:15:24 CDT