RE: Physical Design Question

From: Stephen Lee <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:51:22 -0500

Maybe ... Install Oracle in one directory tree; create soft links to it (although soft links, like GUIs, are inherently evil). Then show the auditors that the oracle home for each is "different".

That way you don't have to try to explain that the oracle_home points to the Oracle software which is completely independent of your Oracle databases. Do they insist that the Unix admins install a separate copy of Unix for every user on a box?