RE: How to make SPFILE in sync with INIT.ORA ?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:04:36 +0100

Kirti wrote
> The other parameters that will get you in the same trouble
> are related to the special buffer pools.. I ran into this
> issue with 9iR1 and decided to stay away from SPFILE stuff...
> The failure of Oracle (programmers) checking for such
> exclusiveness (?) tells their background. Doesn't it?
> I forget where I read this (may a post right here), but,
> someone suggested to create a database trigger (to fire
> before shutdown) to write out pfile from spfile. Good idea, I
> think. And keep a backup of the init.ora.

Yeah that makes sense, and we mandate that any parameter change goes to both the spfile and the pfile and is documented a trigger would be a good way to do this. Then I got to thinking, well I have to keep the pfile backed up anyway in text form, I have to write cchange documentation for a change, so in fact the pfile saves me , um nothing. Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 15:04:36 CDT