RE: Find the table's name that using sequences

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:43:51 -0700 (PDT)

I didn't say you should have only one sequence in the database. I said there was no reason you had to have multiple ones.

and there isn't. There is no restriction in Oracle that you have to do so. As it happens, for many of the reasons you stated, we have multiple sequences. That is, where I can get the developers to use sequences.

they use a development package that is object-oriented. And which therefore stores a row in a single table for every table for which they are generating a sequence number. so if they have 100 tables, I have 100 rows in a single Oracle table.

It's only slightly better than having one row in a table as the "sequence".

I'd take the performance of a single Oracle sequence over the performance of the table with multiple rows any day.