RE: Why are SPFILEs binary anyway? (was RE: How to make SPFILE in

From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kirtikumar_deshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:25:37 -0700 (PDT)

Keeping them binary gives them "power" I guses... On most platforms there is just a hashed value on the first line.

In 9i R1 (9.0.1), I was able to replace some param value without changing number of chars on the line, and the changes were taken without any problem (HP-UX 11, it was I think). Could not believe that it worked. No such luck in 9i R2...

Binary, text, whatever, I will just stay away from him till pfile really goes away :)

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 21:25:37 CDT