RE: Find the table's name that using sequences

From: Stephen Lee <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:28:07 -0500

Oh yeah. I forgot about that LONG data type pain in the anus when you are looking for something. I just attended 9i new features in Colorado Springs last week. I asked, with all these new features, why the implementation of the LONG data type was still so piss poor (well, maybe not exactly in those terms, but that sentiment). I didn't get any answer. But the weather there was lovely. No humidity at all (unlike the steam bath here in Tulsa). It was bone dry, but that's their problem. I enjoyed the weather before heading back to green grass and night air filled with lighting bugs, the ratcheting sound of cicadas, and humidity ... lots and lots of humidity ... hot humidity. Click your heals together three times and repeat after me: At least you don't live in Houston. At least you don't live ...

Yet another long shot is to go plowing through V$SQL or V$SQLTEXT_WITH_NEWLINES which gets my vote for world's worst view. When a view makes me say screw it and resort to a GUI, then that's BAD.

If all of this searching produces nothing, I suppose you can periodically check the value of the sequence to see if it is going up.

Maybe note the current value of the sequence and grants on it, then drop it to see if anything goes invalid?? (or if anyone hollers) Are we feeling bold and daring?