Re: Interview Questions for a Unix Solaris System Admin

From: Gabriel Aragon <gabriel_gap_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:09:20 -0700 (PDT)

I've been in the same situation, I had to interview the company's sysadmin, though I am not one. Here you have a few points to start your list.

Regards
Gabriel

The candidate must provide knolwedge about (how to's):

  1. Start and stop a solaris system, including several levels of boot (1,2,3, etc).
  2. Patch installation.
  3. App's installation and configuration (kernel and semaphores).
  4. Users creation.
  5. Partitions creation.
  6. Mount and unmount FileSystems.
  7. DNS, IP configuration.
  8. Monitoring and performance tuning (process, priorities, memory, disk, etc).
  9. Services configuration SMTP, FTP, Internet, secure conections (HTTP, HTTPs).
  10. Scripts programming.
  11. Establish backup/recovery strategies.

Plus:

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 13:09:20 CDT