Re: Datafiles on SAN?

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:51:04 -0700

Yes.

We are on our second SAN. Our first SAN had an untimely demise and caused our vendor to make some normally unheard of concessions. :)

Aside from some HW problems with that first unit, SAN's are very nice.

Ours ( EMC CX600, about 750 Gig usable ) is quite fast.

There is currently a job running on our production SAP instance, that has in fact been running now for 8 days, doing lots of full table scans ( a slight
case of bad design ) and it has added only about 1 centisecond to our average response time due to buffer busy waits and db_file_scattered_reads.

Not bad.

Jared

Tim Levatich <tpl10_at_cornell.edu>
Sent by: ml-errors_at_fatcity.com
 07/15/2003 09:29 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Datafiles on SAN?

Is anyone putting datafiles on SAN storage? Success? Horror? Tell me a story.

Tim Levatich, Database Administrator
Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, 159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, New

York 14850
TPL10_at_cornell.edu phone 607-254-2113 fax 607-254-2415 http://birds.cornell.edu http://birdsource.cornell.edu

Author: Tim Levatich
  INET: tpl10_at_cornell.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 13:51:04 CDT